I'm currently a 3rd year PhD student supervised by Professor Jian-Yun Nie and a member of the RALI team,
department of Computer Science and Operations Research, at the University of Montreal in Canada.
I'm interested in the problems of Information Retrieval in general. My thesis focuses on the understanding of the user intent behind her query.
In particular, unlike the existing document-based search diversification approaches, I propose a new method to automatically diversify the expansion terms of a given query.
Expansion terms are selected so as to cover (as much as possible) the different query aspects (i.e. user intents).
I'm also interested in the usage of machine learning algorithms and the natural language processing techniques to solve common problems in information retrieval.
- A. Bouchoucha, X. Liu and J.-Y. Nie: "Towards Query Level Resource Weighting For Diversified Query Expansion". In Proceedings of ECIR, Vienna, Austria, 2015 (to appear)
- A. Bouchoucha, J.-Y. Nie and X. Liu: "Université de Montréal at NTCIR-11 IMine task". In Proceedings of NTCIR, Tokyo, Japan, 2014 [pdf]
- X. Liu, A. Bouchoucha, A. Sordoni and J.-Y. Nie: "Compact Aspect Embedding For Diversified Query Expansion". In Proceedings of AAAI, pp.115-121, Québec-City, Québec, Canada, 2014 [pdf]
- A. Bouchoucha, X. Liu and J.-Y. Nie: "Integrating Multiple Resources for Diversified Query Expansion". In Proceedings of ECIR , pp.437-442, Amsterdam, Netherlands, 2014 [pdf]
- A. Bouchoucha, J. He and J.-Y. Nie: "Diversified Query Expansion using ConceptNet". In Proceedings of CIKM , pp.1861-1864, San-Francisco, CA, USA, 2013 [pdf]
- A. Bouchoucha, H.A. Sahraoui and P. L'Ecuyer: "Towards Understanding the Behavior of Classes Using Probabilistic Models of Program Inputs". In Proceedings of FASE , pp.99-113, Rome, Italy, 2013 [pdf] ([Best paper award nominee])
- M. Kessentini, A. Bouchoucha, H.A. Sahraoui and M. Boukadoum: "Example-Based Sequence Diagrams to Colored Petri Nets Transformation Using Heuristic Search". In Proceedings of ECMFA , pp.156-172, Paris, France, 2010 [pdf]
- A. Bouchoucha. Towards a New Query-Based Search Result Diversification. PhD Research proposal (Predoc), DIRO, University of Montreal, August, 2013, Montreal, Canada. [pdf]
- A. Bouchoucha. Analyse de dépendance des programmes à objet en utilisant les modèles probabilistes des entrées. Master Thesis. DIRO, University of Montreal, August, 2011, Montreal, Canada. [pdf]