- Laboratoire d'informatique des systèmes adaptifs
- Départment d'informatique et recherche operationelle
- Mon portail UdeM
Département d'informatique et de recherche operationelle
(Version française à suivre!)
I completed my M. Sc. in the Department of Computer Science at the University of Toronto in 2009, under the supervision of Quaid Morris. Prior to that I completed an Honours Bachelor of Science from the same department with a Specialist in Artificial Intelligence.
My primary research interest is the development of machine learning methods, primarily “deep learning” methods. I'm also interested in machine learning applications in computer vision and computational molecular biology.
- March 2011: A paper describing Theano, a piece of software developed in the LISA, appears in the proceedings of SciPy 2010. I am happy to have played a small role in my time here so far.
- March 2011: I was a reviewer for several articles in a special issue of Computing in Science & Engineering on scientific computing with Python. Definitely worth checking out (subscription required, unfortunately).
- July 2010: After nearly 4 years of development, our GeneMANIA prediction server paper has been published in the Nucleic Acids Research annual Web Server issue.
- February 2010: I've been making frequent use of GitHub and I've moved all my code snippets into GitHub's gists mechanism; I've updated the links in my Software page (and eventually plan to automatically pull them via the GitHub API).